We met in 2004 at a mutual friends Birthday Party, and became friends through a gay men’s vegetarian group (SoyBoys). Soon after, we started dating. Read more about Allan and David at the bottom of the page.
To travel without intention is to miss the opportunity that travel allows. Being in new environments and cultures causes the visitor to become fully present; there are new sights to see, sounds to hear, and smells to experience. The food tastes different. The air and energy feel different. Since there is nothing familiar and nothing to fall back on in habit, you are brought into the present moment, and experience life more fully and clearly than normal. This is why we have named our blog Global Pathways of Presence. It is our intention to use this opportunity to think less, and BE more; To open our minds and hearts to the people and places that are unfamiliar, to situations that are uncertain...to stand in that place of presence, and Be Here Now...and see where it takes us. We cannot fully know what we will encounter, or how we might change upon our return. It is our intention that love and joy will guide our actions, and that we will greet all people with respect and reverence. That we will walk where many have walked before, with an appreciation for the sacrifices that have been made by others to make such a journey possible today. We thank God, in the many forms that he can teach, for the lessons that await us. We understand that not very many people get the opportunity to do what we are doing. It is with humility that we embark on this journey, grateful for the means and ways that have made it possible. Please join us on our pathway of presence, and share your thoughts with us through this blog. love, Allan and David
Our Itinerary
Listed by arrival date.
Christchurch, New Zealand 02/16/2009 Sydney, Australia 02/23/2009 Cairns, Australia 03/11/2009 Kyoto, Japan 03/18/2009 Shanghai, China 04/15/2009 Delhi, Agra, and Dehradun, India 05/14/2009 Florence, Italy 06/10/2009 London & Bath, England 07/08/2009 Dublin, Ireland 07/15/2009 Helsinki, Finland 08/11/2009 Stockholm, Sweden 08/19/2009 Oslo, Norway 08/26/2009 Copenhagen, Denmark 09/02/2009 Budapest, Hungary 09/09/2009 Poros & Athens, Greece 10/07/2009 Cairo, Luxor & Aswan, Egypt 10/13/2009 Madrid, Spain 10/27/2009 Fez, Morocco 11/04/2009 Buenos Aires & Patagonia, Argentina 12/02/2009 Cusco & Lima, Peru 01/09/2010 San Jose, Costa Rica 01/21/2010 San Miguel de Allende, Mexico 02/02/2010 Portland, Oregon, USA 03/19/2010
Very beautiful Allan, thanks for sharing. I hope you're having a great birthday week, what a great place to spend it. I also hope you are having some "free days", sometimes those are the best!
Oh, I LOVED this picture! How sweet. What kind of bird is this? I am a big hummingbird fan, my family laughs at me because I have the day marked on my calender of when the hummingbirds come back, you know, so I can have all my feeders full and waiting :-)! They laugh when they see me run from window to window to see the darling little things. They call it "Hummingbird Alert". By the end of summer I'm exhaused!!! John's yard is full of dog & bird doo, thanks to me. I'm not quite sure if he likes it..... You must be in China by now. I am looking forward to a new blog. Love and Hugs, Cindy
Beautiful pictures! At first I thought it was a juvenile starling, and Tom thinks it might be a flicker, but we are bird novices so weren't sure. Thank you for posting this-it captures the essence of spring!
Very beautiful Allan, thanks for sharing. I hope you're having a great birthday week, what a great place to spend it. I also hope you are having some "free days", sometimes those are the best!
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVED this picture! How sweet. What kind of bird is this?
ReplyDeleteI am a big hummingbird fan, my family laughs at me because I have the day marked on my calender of when the hummingbirds come back, you know, so I can have all my feeders full and waiting :-)! They laugh when they see me run from window to window to see the darling little things. They call it "Hummingbird Alert". By the end of summer I'm exhaused!!! John's yard is full of dog & bird doo, thanks to me. I'm not quite sure if he likes it.....
You must be in China by now. I am looking forward to a new blog.
Love and Hugs, Cindy
Beautiful pictures! At first I thought it was a juvenile starling, and Tom thinks it might be a flicker, but we are bird novices so weren't sure. Thank you for posting this-it captures the essence of spring!
ReplyDelete