Wow. Today, Groundhog Day, is the one year anniversary of my last day working at OHSU. It is also the one year anniversary of writing in this blog. What a great year it has been!
We just arrived in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. It is raining like crazy, and is unseasonably cold. Allan and I are freezing, considering we just came from Costa Rica, where the weather was in the 80's. (Poor babies.) I know I shouldn't whine. We've had a full year without winter, and 50-something degrees isn't that cold.
Anyway, we have 6 weeks here, and should be able to finally catch up on this blog; Cusco, Machupicchu, San Jose, and Lapa Rios...some really great places to share.
I would like to note that while in Cusco, we watched CNN's coverage on the earthquake in Haiti...so heartbreaking and sobering. Our hearts go out to the millions of people who have lost their loved ones, lost their homes...lost everything. It is encouraging to see the level of donations that have been raised to help this poor country, and we pray that this aid can get to those who so desperately need it.
with love,
David
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe it's been a year-wow! Your blog has been wonderful-thanks for letting all of us join you on your adventure! XXXOOO Lisa
ReplyDelete